Champagne Françoise BEDEL & Fils cultivates 8 hectares 40 of vines spread in the barks of the Marne river, over different areas: Crouttes-Sur-Marne, Nanteuil-Sur-Marne, Charly-Sur-Marne, and Villiers-Saint-Denis.
The Grape Varieties
Our blends are made up of the following three grape varieties :
- Meunier : 78 % of our vineyards. This is a supple, fruity varietal with an intense bouquet. Developping well over time, it gives the wine roundness and a supple smoothness.
- Chardonnay : 13 % of our vineyards. A variety full of finesse that adds floral, and occasionnally, mineral notes to young wine. Its slow developpement makes it ideal for ageing wine. It is a variety we particulary use in our Vintage blends.
- Pinot Noir : 9 % of our vineyards. This is the grape variety that provides body and strength
Geografical distribution of the grape varieties:
- Crouttes-Sur-Marne : Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay
- Charly-Sur-Marne : Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay
- Nanteuil-Sur-Marne : Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir
- Villiers-Saint-Denis : Chardonnay
Clay-calcareous and alluvium-calcareous soils.